Friday, March 14, 2008

Me encanta el espanol !


I was fortunate enough to have taken Spanish classes in college. It was that time in the Philippines when all college graduates were required to take at least 4 classes of Spanish. Back then, I did not see the advantage of learning a language that nobody spoke in Philippines. I felt I would never use it. Boy was I wrong. Our Filipino language is ridden with many words and phrases from Spanish. I was and still is fascinated to discover more words and phrases that are actually Spanish. Now I have a very different view about Spanish. I have the perfect opportunity at work to hone my Spanish skills and I love it. I work with a lot of the latino folks and I get to speak Spanish with them all the time. I can actually comprehend 90% of what they are telling me even if they spoke fast. When I watch the Spanish channels, I am able to make sense of what is being spoken. That is brilliant! I went to Spain last year but my recent love affair with the spanish language makes me want to visit other Spanish speaking nation. Vamos al Costa Rica!

(pic from wwp.greenwichmeantime.com)

No comments: