Sunday, May 31, 2009

"suki"

There is a word in filipino "suki" which means a person/organization who loyally patronize you or your establishment. So if you always go to the same beauty shop or grocer, you are a "suki" of that establishment.

When it comes to bars and bartenders, I often patronize the same bar and the same bartender as well. A few years back, I was a "suki" of Roscoes. My fave bartender there was Joey. He is such a cutie with a tight bod. He is nice to me and gives me free drinks once in a while because he knows I am his "suki". Then I started going to Charlies more. I am also a "suki" of this one bartender at Charlies. He is quick to get me my MGD and he knows that I get MGD all the time. He recognizes me and sometimes gives me shots or free beer. Of course I always tip him well. Unfortunately I don't know his name. He is in his 50's with salt and pepper hair. I am still his "suki" cause I still go to Charlies often. But of late, I have been going to Touche. Up until last weekend, I was not a "suki" of any bartender there. But this big black bartender in the front bar have noticed that I got my drinks from him a lot so he gave me a shot. I always tip well so he prolly noticed that. Now I am becoming a "suki" of his. I will patronize him and tip him well always and for sure, free drinks will come in the future. So it always pay to be a "suki".

No comments: