Wednesday, February 18, 2009

1099 vexation

I got an email from both of my banks that they will not be mailing my 1099 in accordance with their Green effort. The email state that my 1099 will be available online to print for my tax use. I was annoyed by this fact so I begrudgingly went online. Their intentions are good so I should not be too upset. After a very difficult process that took me a good 30 mins, I was still unable to get my 1099 printed. Perhaps I was not computer savvy enough or what. So I called the bank which took another lengthy period of selecting different options. I just want to speak to a person to get my 1099 mailed. Finally I was able to speak to the person and gave my request. At that time I was already very vexed which showed by my rude tone to the banker on the phone. Poor guy having to listen to rude me. After several weeks, I still did not get my 1099. So I called again and went through one more time with the lengthy process of selecting different options till I was able to speak to a person to give my request for the second time. At this point, I was really very fraustrated with this.
I have several issues with this. First, I don't read all my emails from the bank since it is mostly just junk trying to sell me some service or advertisement. So what if I did not read that particular email? Second, why would their process online to get the 1099 so difficult? I am not bad with my online skills but still was unable to get it. Third, why does it take forever selecting all these options and entering all these numbers just to speak with a live person to get my 1099 mailed?
This is enough to drive a buddha into bank rage.

No comments: