Sunday, February 01, 2009

3 out 4 is a good thing.

Last night I went out so I did not get to see the Men's Finals of the Australian Open. And this morning upon waking up and checking the results, I was heartbroken to see that Rafael Nadal outplayed dear Roger Federer in a 5 set match. The only person that I would be OK to beat Roger is Andy Roddick. But alas, it was not meant for Andy or Roger to win. But on the bright side, 3 events out of 4 were won by people I like to win. So I suppose I should count my blessings instead of sulk over the disappointment.
First good news, Serena Williams got her 10th Grand Slam title. She totally outplayed Dinara Safina in 2 sets. Baggled Dinara in the first set in fact. And Serena will be ranked number 1 again. I know Serena can sometimes be a sore loser but as long as I reign supreme over this blog, Serena will be exalted.

And the second good news, the ever adorable Bryan brothers got the Men's doubles title. Yey! I love Bob and Mike Bryan and they are such a good team. They each suck at singles but as a doubles team, almost unbeatable.

And lastly, Venus and Serena got the Women's doubles title. Yey again! This is a good consolation prize for Venus considering she got eliminated in the second round. This was in fact the first good news I got from this tournament.

(pics from yahoo sports page)

No comments: