Saturday, February 28, 2009

Soy estadoudinenses.



I have been an American Citizen now for 5 years or so. I have participated in the political machinery of the American Government through elections. This recent speech of President Obama to the Joint Congress just reverberated through my being with an emotion I have never felt before. Let us admit that the speech is full of hope and gives us all a "feel good" feeling. My heart swelled with pride being an American when I saw the members of the Supreme Court enters the hall. It swelled more when I saw the members of the Cabinet enters the hall. It elevated to a new height of pride seeing the members of Congress and Senate in the great hall of our Legislative branch of the government. And it almost brought tears to my eyes listening to the speech of President Obama. I will always cherish the Philippines as my home country. I will always honor China as the land of my ancestors. But now I think I can truly identify myself as an American.

No comments: