Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Is this the same Henry Sanada?

When I was a preteen boy in the Philippines, I remember watching this Japanese TV show or movie called Shogun Ninja starring Henry Sanada. The reason why I remembered this is because I had a big crush on Henry. Recently as I was paying tribute to all these handsome Asian men, I remembered Henry Sanada again. So I googled his name and recent pictures of him came up. The older Henry Sanada did not quite elicit the same titillation on my part as I remembered. Perhaps because he is older now and not as handsome? Or is it perhaps I got the name wrong and I was looking for the wrong person online. So I dug deeper and googled "Henry Sanada and Shogun" at the same time. Then these old clip on youtube came up. The younger Henry Sanada was indeed handsome. But still not handsome enough as I remembered. Did my taste change a little? I currently don't like long hair in men so did the longer haired Henry in the old youtube clips deceived me in thinking that it is not the same person? I wonder...



(pic from collider.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the younger henry sanada i remember too from our childhood. i think he still looks good now and it could be him.

richie

Jon said...

thanks tito ricksy for confirming my impression.