Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Who donated for Prop 8?

As some of us know, Proposition 8 was passed in California this past election. There were loads of money poured for yes or no votes. That is the beauty of America, you can support whatever cause you like. And along with that, I as a consumer can patronize organizations that are only friendly to my cause or at least neutral. And for me, any institution that wants to limit my basic human rights as a citizen does not deserve my hard earned money. Yes, I will boycott them. Here is a partial list of organizations and individuals that donated money to Prop 8. I am only listing those that I think are significant to me cause a lot of the organizations that donated money to Prop 8 are based in California and not likely to make business with me.

- Knights of Columbus. The Political arm of the Roman Catholic Church. $1,425,000. Needless to say, I will no longer give money to the Church.

- Caster Family, Owner of A-1 self storage. $693,000.

- US conference of Catholic Bishops. $200,000.

- Dewitt Paul. Founder of Cotton Buds. Partnered with Proctor and Gamble. $20,000.

- Curtis Chandler of Allstate Insurance in Sacramento. $10,000.

- Paul Sorensen. Select Staffing Manager in Santa Barbara. $10,000.

- Thomas Busi. owner of FirstCard ATM. $10,000.

- Alant Stock. CEO of Cinemark. $9,999.

- Charles Stucki. CEO of Cisco Systems. $6,000.

- Darren Henderson, Investment Adviser for Merril Lunch. $5,000.

The list is long and if you live in California and value equality for all, it might be a good idea to boycott those CA based organizations. Click HERE for the complete list.

No comments: