Monday, February 11, 2008

Distracted Good Drivers or Bad Drivers?



There are bad drivers and there are good drivers. Some good drivers becomes bad drivers if they are distracted by smoking cigarette or mobile phone use. I am so glad that Chicago passed an ordinance to ban mobile phone use unless it has a hands-free mechanism. Even with hands-free, I still get distracted when I drive and talk in the phone at the same time. But do you think it stopped people from using their phone with one hand and driving? I just hope the cops will enforce it more vigilantly.
Just earlier while driving home, I saw this chick driving so slow because she was chatting on her hand-held phone. And another chick had a delayed response to a light turning green because she was smoking. I hope she freezes her ass off with that window cracked open! And worse, my ex-friend driving with a ciggy and the wheel on one hand and a mobile on another! I was his passenger too! Insufferable!

(smoking pic from www.bodytology.com and cell phone pic from www.Ill.org)

2 comments:

Lani said...

Hear hear! Love your posts!

Jon said...

Gracias Ta Lani. Coming from you, I am very proud of meself now. haha