Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hallmark Holiday?

There are plenty of so called Hallmark Holidays but I think Valentine's day is not one of them. After all it predates the invention of Hallmark Cards. I did a little research and I found out that Valentine's Day is named after 2 early Christian martyrs. For a detailed history and information on Valentine's Day, go to wikepedia's page on this topic. Very interesting indeed. One can not stop learning new things. And this year, I do not have any special someone to celebrate my Valentine's Day so I am officially adopting everybody as my Valentine. Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

4 comments:

Lani said...

Urban Dictionary says Valentime's also falls on 14 February, same as Valentine's Day except it is only celebrated by 5 year olds. For the rest of us, Happy Valentine's Day!

Jon said...

Valentime? by 5 year olds? Oh how interesting... As I said, one never stops learning. I just learned something new (again) from Ta Lani. :-) Thanks...

Lani said...

That was just a play on words. Ever notice how little kids can't say Valentine's and say Valentime's instead?

Jon said...

i did notice that but did not know they it was sort of a "thing". i guess one has to have a 5 year old to be into the "thing". :-)