Monday, February 11, 2008

You will never know...

Several months ago, I got pulled over by a cop at night while I was on my way to the gym. I did not agree with the cop that I made a moving violation but that is not the issue really. My real trouble was the fact that I forgot my wallet and driver's license at home. So if I don't get a ticket for the said moving violation, I will definitely get one for driving without a license. I realized my folly so I did not argrue much with the cop. Then out of nowhere he asked me what I do for a living. I told him I am a Physical Therapist. He asked if I work at Swedish Covenant Hospital. I said I used to work there but not anymore. Then to my surprise, he took off his hat and asked if I recognized him. He added that I use to be his PT at Swedish Covenant Hospital. I really did not remember him but I was happy he remembered me. I must have been good to him or at least made him better. So the cop decided to just give me a verbal warning about my "offenses" and had me go my way. I was so thankful for that. The moral of the lesson here is you'll never know how somebody you encounter on a day to day basis can someday be the very person you will need a favor from. What goes around, comes around. That is Karma!

No comments: