Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Religion is Good...

My friends and family might be a little surprise about this post. After all I am not the most religious of all people. I would go to church with my friends but not in a way that others might. I go primarily to listen to what the priest has to say. Try to get some lessons from the homily but not necessarily subscribing to the whole dogma. I believe there is always something good I can learn from it. After all I maintain the belief that religion in its purest form is good. Well perhaps some religious cult that subscribe to evil things are an exception but in general, all major religions in the world teaches the same common theme of love, peace, harmony, compassion, fairness and many more good virtues. So some people that I know who despises religion is actually misdirecting their anger to the wrong entity. It is not religion that they should be angry with but the corrupt mistaken people behind the religion. Gay people should not hate Christianity itself but instead the hypocrite behind these christian groups that claims to be the only one that knows the teachings of Christ and uses that belief to condemn the gay people. Americans should not hate Islam itself but instead the fanatic muslim that uses their religion as an excuse to kill. Muslims should not hate christianity but instead the selfish christian leaders who tries to control the arab oil rich world to have more financial gain from it. OK, I am running out of example but my point is very clear. For whatever woes one religious group has done to another group of people, it is not religion per se that is the cause but the people behind these religion.

2 comments:

Lani said...

that wise guy Ben Franklin said: 'A virtuous heretic shall be saved before a wicked Christian.' In the name of religion, men have been torturing, burning and slaughtering each other for ages. Religion is man-made, so it is flawed. I hope we're going to be judged on the kind of lives we led,not by which God/gods we believed in or how we worshipped.

Cecilia said...

Well said.