Friday, February 15, 2008

Male egg and female sperm?

I was browsing the Science News website and this article caught my eye. It is basically saying that the technology to make a male cell develop into eggs and a female cell develop into sperm is in the horizon. This is something different from what I know in theory that geneticist can remove the genetic material of an egg and insert the genetic material coming from the sperm of one man. Then that egg with its new genetic material is fertilized by the sperm of another man. Both technologies will allow gay men and lesbians couples to biologically reproduce. That is certainly uplifting news for the gay and lesbian community but bad news for the self-righteous hypocrites. For now, it is just wishful thinking for me because I know that it will take decades for this to be a reality.

No comments: