Thursday, February 14, 2008

"I am not ready to date seriously..."

"I am not ready to date seriously". Have you heard that before? Although not recently but I have heard that line before in the dating scene. I have given that line myself. I believe though that one only gives this line if they are not sure about how they feel with the person they are seeing. There is potential in the person but not enough to convince you to put all the energy and time in dating him/her or bringing the casual dating to a more serious level. My friend Sam and I always have this discussion about our potential dates and I have always told him that if the guy is convinced Sam is the right one, he will be ready to date more seriously. This line of "I am not ready to date seriously" is only an excuse to keep you around but not commit to you seriously. And sometimes my friend Sam says he is not really looking to date seriously the person he is seeing, I remind him that if he is convinced this person is the one, he will be ready. That is all there is to it.

No comments: